Friday, August 17, 2018

People rock when you let them!

Hey, it's me again with a little story (mostly because I have a lot of homework to do...um anyways). So do you see these adorable little girls...
My sweets! Ok, I took a lot of pictures and in each one, one decided to be silly or make a odd face.  Don't worry they took turns at it... sheesh. Well, this was the last concert of the season. Munch N Music is our local concerts in the park with lots of food vendors to keep people happy. This is about the only time they were sitting as well. Before long when the music picked up... it was a band called Super Diamond, they were up dancing and playing. Chasing each other and hug wrestling like little girls do. Well, at least mine. Half the people around us just smiled, everyone had had a bit to drink and was just getting into the show. Others looked extremely cranky.

I tried to keep them from bumping into people but hey they were having fun and not really bothering anybody. My middle child, chewing on a hot dog from Uberpretzel kept going up front to dance. It made my heart stop just a bit, I could see the edge of her shirt from time to time and she came back and checked in every few minutes. She's 8 and very responsible but still, you never do know.  I do think to have that freedom is very important as long as she stays where I can find her.

We didn't stay long though, as sad as that is.  I had to pick up my eldest from her friends' house.  The band was ok but not so much that I couldn't pull myself away. So down the road, we trod. That's where life gets fun.  We step up the hill so they can use the restroom before we leave and we find someones missing glasses.  I ask my 8-year-old to put them at the entrance gate in case someones looking for them. That's when the security person, a young, tall girl tells me how very well behaved my kids are.  I have to laugh, I've been chasing them around all night. I lightly agree and say it depends on who you compare them to. I know several kids who are so mellow they don't move or do much of anything without mom saying so. To which she replies "compared to every kid and parent here". I don't know what to say but thank you and off we go.

We haven't even made it out of the park yet and there is some dude wrenching a rope between two trees. I've seen this before here, he's going to try tight-rope walking. So we wait just a minute. Sure enough he walks between the two trees on the rope. My kids want to try but it's really high for them. I tell them no and try and coax them up the hill so we can leave. They can't walk up the hill they have to do handstands and flips all the way up. It takes us a while but we finally get out of the park and headed to the truck.

Thankfully that was fairly unadventurous, we did see a bicyclist lose his sweater. We stood there for a moment in case he looked back and then folded it and put it on the edge of the sidewalk so it wouldn't get run over. I am so thankful for my crazy kids. They really do make life so beautiful. In the last days of summer, how are you making memories? Do you write about them, take pictures, videos? How do you remember those times? Whatever you do, make it beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment