Sunday, November 26, 2017

Duolingo / German Notes #Preterite-1

Thought I'd put my duolingo notes online so that I could expand on them easier, share with others, and look back over them without the huge paper trail.  So here's the first one (I'm already 60% through the course, I might backtrack later).  Words to study or remember are underlined.  To practice yourself and look at all the cool notes Duo has (that aren't available on the android app yet ) check it out, tips and explanations are below that practice buttons.



  1. Er war vorher u Hause. He was previously at home.  Vorher: Previously, before
  2. Ich sah fit aus. I looked healthy.
  3. Was tranken Sie? What are you drinking?
  4. Wir aßen keinen Reis. We did not eat rice.    aßen  - did eat, ate
  5. Ich trank Bier. I drank beer.
  6. Er war da. He was there.
  7. Sie schwammen gegen den Strom.  You swam against the stream.  
  8. mit - with
  9. verschiedene - different 
  10. unterschiedliche - different
  11. noch - still
  12.  Wir kamen nach Afrika, als die Saison begann. We came to Africa when the season began. 
So our new words were:

Vorher - Previously or Before
Sah...aus - looked
Aßen - ate or did eat
War - was
Gegen - against

Most everything else was new tense of words we already learned.  So keeping it short and simple, don't worry it's will get more complicated soon!  


Review: Body

Auge um Auge! An eye for an eye
I'm looking for fun little matching games to add but can't find what I'm looking for as of yet. 


https://www.classmarker.com/online-test/start/?quiz=e7p5a1b9dce2df4c

So hopefully more fun stuff to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment