Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Is this new? Nope!

Is this a new thing? Why are you all of a sudden interested in the UK?

Um.... I'm not.  Isn't it awesome when people who care about you don't notice your interests at all. lol.  Anyhow when did I become fascinated with the Britsh.  Oh I would say at the age of 5 or so when my dad would blare Supertramp from the record player.  My favorite was Blood Well Right! You've got a problem with your schooling, write it out in detail and take it to the higher ups.  Don't sit around complaining.  That was the main jist of the song from what I gathered.

Then there was David Attenborough, who I've watched his documentaries over and over and over again.  He was there on the telly many a night when I couldn't get a cranky baby to sleep.  Oh and not to forget teaching history.  I find the Kings and Queens with their take overs and rules quite fascinating. It's much like a fairy tale that really happened (minus the happy ending).

So really there is nothing new about my love of the old country across the pond.  I've just dug in deeper lately as I'm seeking my own interests for once.  Surely I'm not the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment