Monday, October 10, 2016

Love of learning, where do I go now?

Sometimes I wonder why I'm so into learning new things.  I don't know how normal anything I do actually is (and I don't really care). I think part of it comes from not having any interest when I was younger and now I feel like I'm missing that.  I want to accomplish something but I don't even have the smarts to know what that is.  What are the possibilities? The problems that I might be able to help solve?  What can I do?

The last time I went back to college I spent a year, took double course loads (and loved it). Eight years later I'm still paying on the certificate I got and can't use.  My spouse wanted kids so that's what I did instead.

From what I understand the University's across the pond have a spending cap which depends on subject and residency.  That being said from what I've seen you would only pay 3-12K a year.  That is so much more doable compared to our average of $20-40k a year.  Not including living expenses. They are one-year shorter, does that mean that the courses are more packed? I could totally dig that.

I think part of it, is the structure and the challenge.  I want to compleat something of worth.  Besides raising 3 awesome women.  How can I show them what it means to be awesome or what their true potential is when I'm stuck here scrubbing toilets and doing nothing but dreaming.

I'm currently doing free self-study classes from https://lagunita.stanford.edu and dulingo but not totally sure where that will lead.  Trying to straighten the twisting road.



http://www.topuniversities.com/where-to-study/europe/united-kingdom/guide
http://www.topuniversities.com/student-info/student-finance/how-much-does-it-cost-study-uk

No comments:

Post a Comment